Mergers & Acquisitions data (from SDC Platinum)
M&A information in the Worldwide Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances Databases
- Date Range: 1979 to present domestically
- Geography: US target
- Sources: Over 200 English and foreign language news sources, SEC filings and their international counterparts, trade publications, wires, and proprietary surveys of investment banks, law firms, and other advisors.
- Transactions: 116,100+ domestic
- Inclusion Criteria: All corporate transactions involving at least five percent of the ownership of a company where the transaction was valued at $1 million or more (after 1992, deals of any value are covered) or where the value of the transaction was undisclosed. Public and private transactions are covered.
- Transactions include: Mergers and acquisitions, stake purchases, stock swaps, REIT acquisitions, asset sales and divestitures, rumored and seeking buyer transactions, leveraged buyouts (LBOs), tender offers, privatizations, spinoffs and splitoffs, and bankruptcy liquidations.
- Over 1,400 data elements including the following: Target and acquirer profiles (industry, location, parent company information), deal terms (lock-ups, termination fees, acquisition techniques, percent acquired, consideration offered), financial and legal advisor assignments and fees, deal value and stock premiums, synopsis and event history, deal status, financial information on target and acquirer, investor group information, purchase and pooling accounting, and attitude of the seller board to bid.
Download Dataset (Contact us for more details)
Download Data Dictionary (Contact us for more details)
What is HSFRC database?
HSFRC database is a data platform to support the needs and fuel the growth of data research projects within CUHK. We provide data with free access for non-commercial purposes subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use as published on our website. We encourage users to create more data driven innovations through the available data.
More information on Research Data Guidelines.